Every few months, it’s a good idea to give the entire house a thorough cleaning. You don’t want the dust and clutter to pile up, after all. But many homeowners find this work tedious, since it usually takes them a whole day or two to get everything done.
Of course, being efficient can make a huge difference. These tips can shave hours off your total cleaning time.
1. Prepare your cleaning kit – It’s a good idea to have a small bag or caddy to cart around your cleaning materials. Put in towels, brushes, all-purpose cleaners, bleach, vinegar, and so on. Cleaning will go a lot easier if everything you need is always within reach. Also, a skip bin hire in Perth will give you an easy way to store and dispose of the rubbish you collect, accordi ng to Kwik Skips.
2. Be systematic – Always have a plan when cleaning. Start from one end of the house to the other, so you won’t have to revisit rooms. Work your way top to bottom, and left to right in the room itself. This ensures that you won’t miss anything. Cleaning top areas first also prevents dirt from falling onto already cleaned spots.
3. Remove clutter – Clearing all clutter from a room gives you more freedom to move, so do this before dusting or wiping surfaces. Get rid of trash, put away books, and rearrange furniture as necessary.
4. Wipe anything your fingers touch – Doorknobs, remotes, switches, and other stuff that people touch usually have many germs. Make sure to wipe and disinfect these properly, since many homeowners forget.
5. Pay special attention to kitchens and bathrooms – The two areas that are hardest to clean are also the most important. Set aside enough time for these, so you can hit every corner, counter and appliance.
Housekeeping doesn’t have to be a grind. Learn how to do things efficiently, you’ll be surprised at how much faster you finish.