Brisbane is a unique city, and there are thousands of things for visitors to do and enjoy. But there are several attractions that you should definitely not miss. During your visit, make sure to include these places in your schedule.
1. RNA Showgrounds – Queensland’s most famous exhibition ground and the home of Ekka, this is one place you should always visit, even when there’s no show or match going on. As an added bonus, most accommodations near the RNA Showgrounds are right at the doorstep of the city’s entertainment district, so you have easy access to various theatres and museums.
2. Brisbane Powerhouse – Home of everything creative, this former power station is now a well-known venue for art shows, comedy acts, performances, and much more. It is a hub for both local and international talent, so you will always find something new to admire with every visit.
3. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – The world’s first and largest koala sanctuary, this world famous zoo has over a hundred koalas that you can hold and take a picture with. There are many other native animals here as well, such as kangaroos that you can hand feed, and they offer VIP tours for those who want a truly unforgettable experience.
4. State Library of Queensland – Immerse yourself in the countless manuscripts within this structure. The state library has books both new and old, boasting a collection larger than you can explore in a lifetime. They also hold regular events and programs, along with the occasional hands-on workshop.
5. Brisbane Whale Watching – One of the city’s best attractions, you can board a cruise ship and gaze in awe at how these majestic creatures jump, swim, and show off – sometimes within mere meters of the boat. It’s completely different from what you feel in a zoo. Whale watching season begins in earnest around June, so you still have plenty of time to add this into your itinerary.
The city has much to offer, and these popular attractions are just the tip of the iceberg. Plan your trip well, and you’ll come away with enough memories for a lifetime.